Waiheke Island, New Zealand
5 days / 4 nights
Trailing running, long lunches and stunning coastal views
Stunning Waiheke Island, a sea hop away from bustling Auckland. Join a very small group of trail / walk runners to explore the islands trails and vineyards. This bespoke long weekend away includes a night in Auckland and three nights on Waiheke, enjoying early morning starts on the trails and long lunches stretching in to the afternoon.
At a glance:
- Ex Auckland
- 5 days trail running and experiences with GirlsTrek
- Local Kiwi trail running guide and foodie
- Average of 4 hours trail running per day
- Trails selected offer different scenic aspects of the island
- Luxury house accommodation
- All accommodation twin share basis
- All meals as per itinerary
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Champagne celebration
- Small group size travel to a maximum of 6
- Currency fluctuation for international travel
- GirlsTrek Gift
- Trip specific packing list with expert advice and great discounts
- Information get together to detail the trip and answer any of your questions
- Private group chat for messages and photos
- At home training programme to prepare you for your trek
- Contribution to Seven Women.org helping the lives of women in business and girls in education
UNDULATING – Trail running will be on undulating terrain. Each day the runs will include running and walking (up hills). Considered as easier trail running.
Day 1: Arrive Auckland on late flight and overnight at hotel close to Auckland Airport.
Day 2: Heli transfer from Auckland airport to Waiheke, Trail run 15 kms, stay at luxury beach house and dinner at local restaurant.
Day 3: Trail run 29 km on Waiheke Bush and Beach trail – best of the island, stay luxury beach house and dinner at local restaurant.
Day 4: Trail run 15 kms and long lunch at Waiheke Winery.
Day 5: Rest and relaxation, return ferry to Auckland for some shopping and lunch, transfer for late afternoon flights home.
- Return flights
- Travel insurance, which is compulsory
- Beverages, optional and personal expense
Please complete the form below if you would like an itinerary or you have any questions and a GirlsTrek team member will email you back shortly.