The Kimberley, WA
9 days / 8 nights
Experience one of the world’s last wilderness frontiers
Are you searching for a memorable getaway that gives you absolutely jawdropping scenery, mouthwatering food and wine, and connection with other women? The Kimberley with GirlsTrek is the perfect trip for you! An incredible 9 days filled with art gallery visits, scenic 4WD transits, rock hoping and rock pool swims, exploring and staying at a working farm, and of course, trekking through the beautiful gorges and landscape of The Kimberley in Western Australia.
Day 1: Kununurra
Arrive Kununurra, visit Art Galleries, overnight in local hotel with dinner at restaurant.
Day 2: Bungle Bungles, Piccaninny Gorge
Dawn flight transfer, 13 km trek Piccaninny Gorge, stay in base-camp, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 3: Piccaninny Gorge
8 km trek and explore area, stay in base-camp, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 4: Piccaninny Gorge
Continue exploring and rock hopping in Piccaninny Gorge, stay in base-camp, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 5: Cathedral Gorge
9 km trek Piccaninny Gorge to Cathedral Gorge, stay in camp, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 6: Purnululu Airstrip
5km trek to Purnululu Airstrip for flight to Bullo River Station, explore cattle station, stay in homestead, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 7: Bullo River Station
Explore cattle station with organised activities, stay in homestead, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 8: Bullo River to Kununurra
Continue exploring cattle station, afternoon flight transfer to Kununurra, stay in hotel, breakfast and lunch.
Day 9: Home
Flight to Melbourne before catching flight home.
- Ex Kununurra
- 8 days trekking and experiences fully hosted with GirlsTrek
- Local wilderness guides
- Average of 7-8 hours per trekking day
- Hotel accommodation Kununurra
- Camping accommodation for trek
- Luxury homestead accommodation for Bullo River Station (king rooms)
- All meals as per itinerary
- Private vehicle transfers
- 3 x Private charter flights
- Champagne celebration
- All drinks alcoholic and non alcoholic at Bullo River Station
- Exclusive activities at Bullo River Station
- Small group size travel to a maximum of 12
- GirlsTrek gift
- Trip specific packing list with expert advice and great discounts
- Information get together to detail the trip and answer any of your questions
- Private group chat for messages and photos
- At home training plan to prepare you for your trek
- Contribution to B1G1 – Business for Good to impact women’s and their families lives
Total distance = 35 km
Level 3 – CHALLENGING
- Return flights
- Travel insurance, which is compulsory
- Beverages, optional and personal expenses
Please complete the form below if you would like an itinerary or you have any questions and a GirlsTrek team member will email you back shortly.