4 days / 3 nights
A collage of historic towns, passionate farmers and high country vistas
Visiting the historic towns of Richmond and Bothwell is a quaint start to this GirlsTrek central highlands experience. Walk with us on two village treks and learn colonial history of these towns and their influence in the economic influence of the agricultural boom of this area. We then spend nights with passionate sheep and poppy farmers in relaxed luxury of their farm cottages with a private land trek on neighbour’s properties, a farm tour and intimate and delicious dinning. From our farm stay we continue for a magical high country trek and one of Tasmania’s most highly rated day walks, the Tarn circuit at Mt Field National Park. Our last night is in waterfront luxury in Hobart and a fitting celebration for our final night.
Day 1: Richmond/ Bothwell / Curringa Farm
7 km town walks including Richmond and Bothwell, overnight at Curringa Farm, meet the farmer and BBQ dinner.
Day 2: Private land Trek / Farm Tour / Local Chef dinner
9 km trek visiting neighbouring farms, farm tour with farmer Parsons at Curringa and delicious dinner prepared by local chef.
Day 3: The Tarn Circuit
16 km high country trek of the Tarn Circuit Mt Field National Park, return to Hobart, overnight luxury stay with celebration dinner.
Day 4: Mt Wellington
6km trek early morning trek to Mt Wellington Summit after coffee and light breakfast at local restaurant, winery long lunch and return transfer to airport for late afternoon flight.
- Ex Hobart
- 4 days trekking and experiences fully hosted with GirlsTrek
- Average of 4-6 hours per trekking day
- Guided historical walks
- Cafe and trekker lunches
- Farm tour and private land trek
- Luxury hotel in Hobart
- All accommodation twin share basis*
- All meals as per itinerary
- Private vehicle transfers
- Champagne celebration
- Small group size travel to a maximum of 10
- GirlsTrek Gift
- Trip specific packing list with expert advice and great discounts
- Information get together to detail the trip and answer any of your questions
- Private group chat for messages and photos
- At home training programme to prepare you for your trek
- Contribution to Sevenwomen.org helping women in business and girls in education in Nepal
*Single supplement may be available on request at an additional cost
Total Distance = 38 km
HILLS: Tracks are easy for day 1 and 2, day 3 is more difficult. Expect rough tracks on private land trek and tarn circuit.
- Return flights
- Travel insurance, which is compulsory
- Beverages, optional and personal expenses
Please complete the form below if you would like an itinerary or you have any questions and a GirlsTrek team member will email you back shortly.