South Australia Walking & Wine
6 days / 5 nights
South Australian beauty
What could be more perfect than to trek the wild rugged coastline with the sophisticated and historic McLaren Vale? GirlsTrek present an incredible bespoke six day getaway for your indulgence. Trek highlights include breathtaking cliff-top walking overlooking the southern ocean on the Heysen Trail, private boat cruise on the mouth of the Murray River and an epic progressive winery party in the McLaren Vale! Grab a friend and strike this from your bucket list!
Day 1: Adelaide / Adelaide Hills/ Encounter Bay
Arrive Adelaide, 8 km Heysen trail warm up walk, overnight in coastal apartments with dinner at local restaurant.
Day 2: Heysen Trail, Fleurieu Peninsula
19.5 km trek on Heysen trail from Fishery Beach to Tent Hill, in coastal apartments, dinner at historic hotel.
Day 3: Heysen Trail, Fleurieu Peninsula
15.5 km trek on Heysen Trail from Waitpinga to The Bluff, overnight in coastal apartments with dinner at seaside restaurant.
Day 4: Goolwa / Coorong / McLaren Vale
Visit Goolwa and cruise Coorong with guided walk on sand dunes, visit Gin Distillery, overnight cellar door dinner and accommodation.
Day 5: McLaren Vale Wineries
3 km optional morning walk, progressive lunch party in the McLaren Vale, overnight stay at cellar door.
Day 6: Adelaide
Transfer back to airport
- Ex Adelaide
- 4 days trekking and experiences fully hosted with GirlsTrek
- Average of 4 – 8 hours per trekking day
- Cruise from Goolwa
- Multiple wine tastings and a winery lunch
- Apartment and Deluxe hotels
- All accommodation twin share basis*
- All meals as per itinerary
- Transfers – Private vehicle
- Champagne celebration
- Small group size travel to a maximum of 12
- GirlsTrek Gift
- Trip specific packing list with expert advice and great discounts
- Information get together to detail the trip and answer any of your questions
- Private group chat for messages and photos
- At home training programme to prepare you for your trek
- Contribution to B1G1 – Business for Good to impact women’s and their families lives
*Single supplement available on request at an additional cost
Total distance = 45 km
Level 3 – MODERATE Undulating trails with some steep ascents, some sandy trails, bush tracks and boardwalks.
- Return flights
- Travel insurance, which is compulsory
- Beverages, optional and personal expenses
Please complete the form below if you would like an itinerary or you have any questions and a GirlsTrek team member will email you back shortly.