South Australia Culinary Journey
6 days / 5 nights
South Australian beauty
What could be more perfect than to trek wild rugged coastline, stay in beachside cottages overlooking St Vincent Gulf and wine and dine in the sophisticated and historic McLaren Vale? GirlsTrek present an incredible bespoke six day culinary journey for your indulgence. Trek highlights include breathtaking cliff-top walking overlooking the southern ocean on the Heysen Trail, cycling the McLaren vale on ebikes and a SloWhey Cheese making class in the village of Willunga. We jam pack this itinerary with culinary highs moving from McLaren vale to Adelaide Hills to finish in on the historic Pioneer Women’s Trail and a celebration dinner highlight the best of local seasonal produce.
Day 1: Adelaide / Hallets Cove / Port Willunga
Arrive Adelaide, 10 km Coastal trail warm up walk, restaurant lunch, overnight in Seaside Cottage with dinner at home.
Day 2: Heysen Trail, Fleurieu Peninsula
19.5 km trek on Heysen trail from Waitpinga to Victor Harbour, overnight in Seaside cottage, dinner at local gastronomic pub.
Day 3: SloWhey Cheese making, Onkaparinga Gorge, Fleurieu Peninsula
Early morning beach walk, SloWhey Cheese making course, Willunga, 7 km trek on Onkaparinga Gorge, sundowners at local winery, overnight in Seaside Cottage, dinner at beach front restaurant.
Day 4: eBike Cycling McLarenvale/ Adelaide Hills
Cycle around vineyards of McLarenvale including the Shiraz trail, stop for lunch at a winery cafe, drive to Adelaide Hills, overnight in boutique accommodation in Hahndorf.
Day 5: Pioneer Women’s Trail
16 km trek with lunch at local restaurant along the trail, mid afternoon shopping in Hahndorf, overnight at boutique accommodation, celebration dinner at restaurant specialising in seasonal produce.
Day 6: Adelaide
Breakfast at accommodation and some more shopping time before transfer back to Adelaide airport.
- Ex Adelaide
- 6 days trekking and experiences fully hosted with GirlsTrek
- Average of 4 – 8 hours per trekking day
- SloWhey cooking school
- eBike tour of McLarenvale
- Multiple wine tastings and a winery lunch
- Seaside cottage and boutique heritage B&B
- All accommodation twin share basis*
- All meals as per itinerary
- Transfers ex Adelaide – Private vehicle
- Champagne celebration
- Small group size travel to a maximum of 12
- GirlsTrek Gift
- Trip specific packing list with expert advice and great discounts
- Information get together to detail the trip and answer any of your questions
- Private group chat for messages and photos
- At home training programme to prepare you for your trek
- Contribution to Seven Women.org helping the lives of women in business and girls in education in Nepal
*Single supplement may be available on request at an additional cost
Total distance = 52 km
HILLS– Longer kilometres each day, some climbs, undulating trails that are well formed in parts and rougher in others.
- Return flights
- Travel insurance, which is compulsory
- Beverages, optional and personal expenses
Please complete the form below if you would like an itinerary or you have any questions and a GirlsTrek team member will email you back shortly.