5 days / 4 nights
UNESCO listed villages, and tranquil trekking on ancient pathways.
In feudal times people travelling between Kyoto and Tokyo would use the Nakasendo Trail – the road linking the two major cities through the central mountains. This trip will take you walking along forested paths, travelling between historic Juku post towns and getting a glimpse of what life was like in times gone by. You’ll then travel into the Oku-HIda mountains to explore the biodiversity of Kamikochi before arriving into iconic Takayama.
Day 1: Kyoto / Tsumago
8.5 km train & bus travel from Kyoto to Magome, trek 8.5 km Magome to Tsumago
Day 2: Tsumago to Lake Nojiri
18.5 km trek, train travel to Kiso – Fukushima
Day 3: Yabuhara via Narai to Kiso Hirasawa
Train travel to Yabuhara then 9 km trek including UNESCO Narai to Kiso Hirasawa village famous for Laquerware.
Day 4: Karuizawa to Yokokawa
17 km trek and bus to Takasaki, overnight in Mountain spring onsen village Ikaho
Day 5: Tokyo
Train back to Tokyo
- Ex Kyoto
- 5 days trekking and experiences fully hosted with GirlsTrek
- Average of 5 hours trekking per day
- Ancient pathway of commerce between Kyoto and Tokyo
- UNESCO listed villages
- Celebration dinner
- Traditional Ryokan accommodation
- All accommodation twin share basis*
- All meals as per itinerary
- Local transport
- Champagne celebration
- Small group size travel to a maximum of 12
- GirlsTrek Gift
- Trip specific packing list with expert advice and great discounts
- Information get together to detail the trip and answer any of your questions
- Private group chat for messages and photos
- At home training programme to prepare you for your trek
- Contribution to Sevenwomen.org – supporting women in business and girls in education in Nepal.
*Single supplement available on request at an additional cost
Grading: Total Distance =53km
Level 2 – UNDULATING
Some steeper elevation, possible snow traverses, longer daily kilometres and rapidly changing weather.
- Return flights
- Travel insurance, which is compulsory
- Beverages, optional and personal expenses
- Final day transfer from hotel to airport
Please complete the form below if you would like an itinerary or you have any questions and a GirlsTrek team member will email you back shortly.