Kumano Kodo Japan
9 days / 8 nights
Pilgrimage in Japan
Journey to Japan to trek the historic Kumano Kodo Trail. For over 1000 years people from all walks of life have been making this ancient pilgrimage. The trail weaves its way through stunning forested mountains and small villages to the Grand Shrine of Hongu, before finishing near the Pacific Ocean at the Nachi Shrine and waterfall. Walking the ancient Kumano Kodo is an ideal way to experience the unique cultural landscape of Japan’s countryside. Stay in comfortable hotels and experience the real Japan while enjoying sightseeing in Osaka and Kyoto, plus a little Japanese nightlife along the way!
At a glance:
- Price: $4,899 (approx) ex Osaka (twin share) – Price to be confirmed
- 4 days trekking the Kumano Kodo Trail.
- Fully guided trekking experience
- Deluxe/standard accommodation (traditional hotels on trail)
- Sightseeing Kyoto/Osaka
- Average 7 – 8 hours trekking per day
- Pre-trip HikeFit training program
- Expert gear advice and great discounts
- Information get together
- Trek transfers
Level 4 – CHALLENGING
Stair climbing and some steeper elevation.
Exclusions: Return flights to Osaka, travel insurance, beverages, personal expenses, tips & optional activities.
Please complete the form below if you would like an itinerary or you have any questions and a GirlsTrek team member will email you back shortly.