Hunter Valley Walking and Wine
3 days / 2 nights
Walking and wine in Australia’s oldest wine region
It makes sense GirlsTrek would need to provide one of our Walking and Wine experiences in a region that is both the oldest wine region in Australia and home to 150 wineries. With the first vines planted in 1820 there are more reasons to visit this area then all those grapes! We have put together a gentler itinerary for your first time trekkers or those who have come with us many times and would prefer some gentler kilometres. We stay at one of our favourite hotel partners in the relaxed luxury of Spicers Guesthouse and dine at their award winning restaurants. Not to leave you empty handed our final day schools you up on some Thai Street food cooking with the recipes going home with you to try out again with your loved ones!
Scroll down for MORE!
Day 1: Newcastle / Pokolbin
6km trek Bathers way, coastal cafe lunch, overnight Spicers Guesthouse, 4 course chefs selection dinner
Day 2: Great North Walk
12 km trek Mt Bright to Pokolbin, winery lunch, 3 course dinner at two hatted restaurant.
Day 3: Cooking School
Relaxing morning, Thai Street Food Cooking school, return to Newcastle Airport
- Ex Newcastle
- 3 days trekking and experiences fully hosted with GirlsTrek
- Private Transfers ex Newcastle
- Average of 2 – 4 hours per trekking day
- Luxury accommodation
- Outstanding dinners on both nights at award winning restaurants
- Winery lunch on second trekking day
- All accommodation twin share basis*
- All meals as per itinerary
- Champagne celebration
- Small group size travel to a maximum of 8
- GirlsTrek Gift
- Trip specific packing list with expert advice and great discounts
- Information get together to detail the trip and answer any of your questions
- Private group chat for messages and photos
- At home training programme to prepare you for your trek
- Contribution to Seven Women.org helping the lives of women in business and girls in education in Nepal
*Single supplement available on request at an additional cost
Total Distance = 18 km
Meander – Shorter kilometres, well formed trails, some undulating parts during the treks.
- Travel to Newcastle
- Travel insurance, which is compulsory
- Beverages, optional and personal expenses
Please complete the form below if you would like an itinerary or you have any questions and a GirlsTrek team member will email you back shortly.