Cradle Mountain, Tasmania
5 days / 4 nights
Bucket list trekking with a gourmet twist.
In the inspiring landscape of Cradle Mountain, Tasmania GirlsTrek offer you a unique and luxury experience. Cosy cabins and delicious dining each night will provide a place of refuge, and recovery after days trekking this beautiful landscape. Cradle Mountain is synonymous with nature, wilderness and all things pristine. As we learn the stories of first nations people of the area and botanists Gustav Weindorfer and Kate Crowe our love for this extraordinary wilderness area will deepen.
Day 1: Arrive Launceston and city tour 8 km
Met GirlsTrek at our accommodation and enjoy a curated urban trek in this historic city
Day 2: Cataract Gorge to Trevallyn Dam Reserve 11 km 3 hours
Breakfast at a local favourite on the banks of the Tamar followed by a 11 km trek through the historically significant Cataract Gorge to Trevallyn Dam Reserve. Farm gate walk and enjoy fresh smoked salmon. Mid afternoon we continue to Cradle Mountain National Park.
Day 3: Cradle Mountain Circuit 14 km 8 hours
Breakfast at our lodge followed by a wonderous day out in the mountains. Our 14 km trek has some challenging elements today including steep climbs and windswept ridges. The inspiring environment provides a canvas for physical exploration and mental space.
Day 4: Dove Lake, Wombat Pools, Waldheim Chalet 16 km 6 hours
Scenic lake walk with the chance for a swim, visit to Waldheim Chalet and learn of the parks history
Day 5: Enchanted Walk and Winery Lunch
An early morning wander and sensory meditation on the Enchanted walk provides an example of a grounding morning routine. Winery lunch at Joseph Chromy.
- Ex Launceston
- 5 days trekking and experiences with GirlsTrek
- Level 3 – Moderate
- Average 6 – 8 hours per day
- Trek Cataract Gorge and Cradle Mountain
- Farm Gate visit to 41 South
- Winery lunch at Joseph Chromy
- Small group experience
- Fitness programme to prepare
- Private car transfers
- All accommodation based on twin share
- All Meals as per itinerary
- Champagne celebration
- Small group size travel to a maximum of 10
- GirlsTrek Gift
- Trip specific packing list with expert advice and great discounts
- Information get together to detail the trip and answer any of your questions
- Private group chat for messages and photos
- Contribution to SevenWomen.ORG – supporting women in business and girls in education in Nepal.
Hills – the Cradle Summit is quite challenging in parts due to rock scrambling
Total distance = 62 km
HILLS – some scrambling and rocky trails, weather can be changable.
- Travel to Launceston
- Travel insurance, which is compulsory
- Beverages, optional and personal expenses
Please complete the form below if you would like an itinerary or you have any questions and a GirlsTrek team member will email you back shortly.