Chengdu, Sichuan China
8 days / 7 nights
Sichuan Himalayas and the city of Gastronomy
Seeking out extra special places in the world and seeking strong connections with local friends has led GirlsTrek to deliver this experience in the Sichuan Province, China. It’s Tibetan heritage, high mountain ranges, food delicacies, and spiritual nurturing in the Buddhist ways wraps each moment on this trip in delight. Spending the first part of the journey trekking the three valleys of the Four Sister mountains we experience breathtaking views of 6000+m peaks around us. A visit to the Panda reserve tickles our hearts seeing these gorgeous creatures, happy and healthy. A day trip to the famous Leshan Buddha, we witness a 90 year dedication of vision to chisel the world’s largest Buddha in to a cliff face and in the city of gastronomy we spend our nights in a luxurious hotel and time with locals enjoying roof top yoga, shopping in night markets and dining in a local friends home.
Depart Australia on a late night flight to connect through Singapore to Chengdu
In Singapore, for our transit period we take a city shuttle to Gardens by the Bay for walking and breakfast. Later we board our flight to Chengdu and arrive at our luxury hotel.
Private transfer to Shuangqiao Valley at the base of the Sichuan Himalaya. Trek 10 kilometres and return to small local accommodation
Trek Changpinggou 18 km and return to local lodgings
Trek Haizigou 18 Km and return to local lodgings.
Visit Wolong Panda reserve and return to Chengdu for celebratory dinner and luxury hotel stay.
Day visit from Chengdu to Leshan Buddha and return for dinner at local city restaurant.
Rooftop yoga and temple walk with local, a day exploring the Chengdu city and night food market experience with dinner at local’s home afterwards
Breakfast and free day to explore with late flight back to Australia
- Ex Chengdu
- 8 days trekking and experiences fully hosted with GirlsTrek
- Local wilderness guide
- Average of 7-8 hours per trekking day
- Guided sightseeing
- Roof top Yoga & Temple Walk
- Night Market food tour and “at home” cooking class
- Visit to Panda Reserve
- Visit to Leshan Buddha
- Small village lodging and luxury hotel accommodation
- All accommodation twin share basis
- All meals as per itinerary
- Private transfers
- Champagne celebration
- Small group size travel to a maximum of 10
- Currency fluctuation absorbed
- GirlsTrek Gift
- Trip specific packing list with expert advice and great discounts
- Information get together to detail the trip and answer any of your questions
- Private group chat for messages and photos
- At home training programme to prepare you for your trek
- Contribution to B1G1 – Business for Good to impact women’s and their families lives
Total trekking kilometres: 46 kms
Level 3 – MODERATE
Altitude 3000 metres, valley trekking flat, cold weather to ensure beautiful views
- Return flights
- Travel insurance, which is compulsory
- Beverages, optional and personal expenses
Please complete the form below if you would like an itinerary or you have any questions and a GirlsTrek team member will email you back shortly.