5 days / 4 nights
When was the last time you were in awe of the Australian landscape?
30 million year old sandstone cliffs, pre-historic cycads and a significant Aboriginal site with a breathtaking art gallery will make you see Australia with new eyes. Trekking through the National Park with magical flora and fauna will force you to slow down, breathe deeply and allow your senses to feast on your surroundings. The very process of wilderness trekking with all your needs strapped to you back brings a simple, magnificent truth to you mindset.
This is your opportunity for a wilderness experience GirlsTrek style. We are ready to support you and encourage you and spend time with a wonderful pastoral family on an historic cattle station at each end of the journey.
Day 1: Roma / Injune / Womblebank
Arrive Roma via air or car, transfer to Injune for lunch and on to Womblebank for late afternoon private trek, dinner at homestead.
Day 2: Carnarvon Great Walk
Transfer to Carnarvon Great Walk, Wilderness trek to Gadds Walkers Camp, camp overnight
Day 3: Carnarvon Great Walk
Trek Gadds Walkers Camp to Big Bend Walkers camp, camp overnight
Day 4: Carnarvon Gorge / Womblebank
Finish trek, spend time at visitors centre, return to Womblebank for celebration dinner
Day 5: Womblebank / Roma
Return transfer to Roma for air travellers.
- Price includes
- Ex Roma Airport
- 5 days trekking and experiences fully hosted with GirlsTrek
- Wilderness experience on Carnarvon Great Walk
- Private guests at one of the areas oldest cattle station
- Private land trek
For duration of Wilderness experience
- National Park Walkers Camp fees
- Light Weight 1 person tent
- Eating and cooking utensils
- All camping meals including trekker snacks
- Wine bladders (yes they are a thing)
- Homestead accommodation a mixture of single and twin share
- All meals as per itinerary
- All wine/ beer / gin
- Private vehicle transfers
- Champagne celebration
- Small group size travel to a maximum of 8
- GirlsTrek Gift
- Trip specific packing list with expert advice and great discounts
- Information get together to detail the trip and answer any of your questions
- Detailed information on how to pack and prepare for a wilderness hike
- At home training programme or 1 on 1 phone call to train you for your trek
- Contribution to Seven Women.org helping the lives of women in business and girls in education in Nepal
Small Peaks – pack walk with approximately 11 kilos over rough ground, a steep descent on one of the days.
Total distance = 49 km
Level 3 – MODERATE
- Return flights to Roma
- Travel insurance, which is compulsory
- Personal expenses
Please complete the form below if you would like an itinerary or you have any questions and a GirlsTrek team member will email you back shortly.