Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. We must not accept any booking unless you understand and agree with the following terms and conditions. In completing, and submitting the Booking Form you agree to the bound by these conditions which constitute the agreement between Girls Trekking Adventures Pty Ltd trading as GirlsTrek, our travel partners (suppliers) and yourself. In these Terms and conditions, GirlsTrek means our staff, guides, officers, employees, agents, licensees and any other third parties or representatives and the land management authorities in which our treks and tours are conducted.
1.*Prices: All prices are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice. The price is only guaranteed when paid in full. Please note that prices quoted here are subject to change. Price changes may occur by reason of matters outside our control which increase the cost of the product or service. Such factors include adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please contact GirlsTrek for up to date prices.
2. Refunds, Changes and Cancellation Fees: Cancellations and changes to bookings must be notified to GirlsTrek in writing. Cancelation fees apply as follows. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferrable, cancellation 6 months prior to departure incurs a cancellation fee of 65% of the total amount of the booking, and 90 days prior to travel the full cost of the trek and tour is non-refundable and non-transferable. Changes made to bookings incurs an administration fee of $150.00 per change. GirlsTrek strongly recommends travel insurance is taken out at the time of booking to cover cancellations for unforeseen reasons.
3. Payments: GirlsTrek can receive payments via BPAY, Direct Deposit or Credit card (1.5% fee). Your booking is not final until a deposit has been received. Additional payments must be meet according to the date and terms of GirlsTrek.
4. Taxes: GirlsTrek prices are inclusive of GST
5. Travel Bookings and arrangements: Travel bookings for GirlsTrek trips are managed by GirlsTrek. We have referral partners for travel arrangements including flights not included in the GirlsTrek trips. GirlsTrek are only responsible for the arrangements as part of the GirlsTrek itinerary.
6. Travel Insurance: Travel insurance is compulsory for GirlsTrek trips. It is your responsibility to ensure your travel insurance has top medical and emergency evacuation cover and covers “trekking” as an activity. You must obtain a Product Disclosure Statement relating to the product and consider the statement before making any decision about whether to acquire the product. If you decline travel insurance you may be required to sign a disclaimer.
7. Agency: GirlsTrek acts as an agent for service travel providers internationally. GirlsTrek have no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty or representation regarding their standard. Bookings are made on your behalf subject to the terms and conditions imposed by these service providers. Your legal recourse is against the specific provider and not GirlsTrek. If for any reason, any travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted your remedy lies against the provider and not GirlsTrek.
8. Liability: We do not accept any liability of whatever nature, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party providers over whom we have no direct control. Under circumstances where liability cannot be excluded, such liability is limited to the value of the purchased travel arrangements. We do not accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control and which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part.
9. Special Requirements: Please liaise with GirlsTrek regarding any special requirements you may have for your travel arrangements such as special dietary requrests. We will relay this information to Travel operators either directly and/or other Travel operators in good faith.
10. Passports & Visas: It is your responsibility to ensure that you have valid passports, visas and re-entry permits. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements will be your sole responsibility. All travelers must have a valid passport for international travel and many countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return. If you need information regarding visa and other travel document requirements for your trip please let us know. We can obtain such information from an external visa advisory service provider on your behalf. We do not warrant the accuracy of such information and accept no liability for any loss or damage which you may suffer in reliance on it. If you wish, we can obtain visas for you through this external service and fees will apply.
11. Travel Advice: For travel advice please contact the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or visit their website at www.smartraveller.gov.au
12. Health and Fitness: You must ensure that you are aware of any health requirements for your travel and ensure that you carry all necessary vaccination documentation. Please check with your local doctor or specialist vaccination clinic. You must be in good health and physical condition for your chosen trek and tour. We recommend your visit your GP for a checkup prior to your full payment. All GirlsTrek clients are required to complete a GirlTrekker Form, that request information on your phsical health and current physical activity levels, annually. Based on the information you provide you may need to supply a Doctors Certificate clearing you to participate in a GirlsTrek. Our treks and tours often take place in remote areas where there is little or no access to normal medical service or hospital facilities. Evacuation, where necessary can be prolonged, difficult and expensive. Medical and evacuation expenses will be your responsibility. We, GirlsTrek reserve the right to refuse your participation on any of our treks and tours on medical or fitness grounds.
13. Guides: In this condition, “guide” includes both the GirlsTrek guides and any other nominated person give at any time the task of leading or supervising any aspect of the trek and tour. Guides may exclude you from participation on the trip if in her absolute discretion they believe you should not participate in the trip due to health and fitness reasons. In addition, once a trek and tour has commenced, the guide has the authority to stop your participation if you have committed an illegal act, or in the opinion of the guide your behavior is causing or likely to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others, or your fitness or health is inadequate. In this case you will be directed by the guide to discontinue with the trek and tour and you will not be entitled to any refund. Guides have the right to change, at any time the tour if circumstances arise forcing a change to the itinerary for group safety, or travel interruption. GirlsTrek have the right to change the guide leading and supporting the trek and tour at any time up to departure.
14. Travel Documents: For pre and post trek arrangements Travel documents include (without limitation) hotel vouchers, tour vouchers or any other document (whether in electronic form or otherwise) used to confirm an arrangement with a service provider. Travel documents may be subject to certain conditions and/or restrictions including (without limitation) being non-refundable, non-date changeable and subject to cancellation and/or amendment fees. Travel documents may not be able to be transferred to another person to use.
15. Flight Policy: GirlsTrek recognises that there will be requests from clients to use either Frequent Flyer points or to organise their flights on an airline or day other than that requested by GirlsTrek to our travel destination. This policy has been devised to ensure that our trips run as smoothly as possible and that clients are also aware of flight requirements prior to paying their deposit for a trip.
- For clients flying on the same airline and flight numbers as requested by GirlsTrek, there will be no additional requirements.
- For clients using a different airline or the same airline but on different flight numbers, they are responsible for any cost associated with joining the group if their flight experiences delays or otherwise and does not arrive at the requested time.
17. Acknowledgement of Risk: This acknowledgment of risks applies to the trek and tour that I undertake with GirlsTrek. In voluntarily participating in activities of GirlsTrek which are described to me by the Guide I am aware that my participation in the activities may expose me to hazards and risks that could lead to injury, illness or death or t loss of or damage to my property. I also acknowledge that I may encounter weather conditions that could lead to being in locations where evacuation for medical treatment may take hours. In many of the countries GirlsTrek visits, standards of accommodation ,transport, health care, hygiene, safety and service provision generally are often not as high as those standards in your country of residence and may require flexibility and patience on your part.
It is your responsibility to minimize risk to yourself by ensuring;
- Each activity is within my recognized capabilities.
- I have prepared for the trek carrying the recommended water, food and equipment for the activity as indicated on the checklist supplied by GirlsTrek.
- I will advise the GirlsTrek Guide if I am taking any medication or have any physical or other limitation that might affect my participation in the activity.
- I will ensure that if I am taking any medication I will have enough in my daypack for the time we are walking and additional in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
- I will make every effort to remain with the rest of the party during the activity.
- I will advise the GirlsTrek Guide immediately of any concerns I am having during the activity.
- I will comply will all reasonable instructions from the GirlsTrek Guide.
- I will permit the GirlsTrek Guide to direct me in case of an emergency.
- If I become unwell, I will notify a GirlsTrek Guide and together determine a cause of action.
- I will not share any medication with another member of the trip and I will not accept any medications offered by others.
Release and discharge from all claims; To the extent permitted by law, I accept the inherent dangers and risks associated with this trek and tour and I release, waive and discharge GirlsTrek from all claims, actions and loss for personal injury or death, property damage, loss of services, loss of profits, consequential, exemplary, indirect or punitive damages or otherwise as they arise.
I have read and understand the above requirements. I have considered the risks before choosing to sign this acknowledgement of risk. I still wish to join the activity provided by GirlsTrek. I acknowledge that I will take responsibility for my own actions, and that signing the booking form and providing the payment for the trek and tour will be deemed as full acceptance and understanding of the above conditions.